NATIONAL ANTHEM & PLEDGE
- Students who are Singapore citizens are to sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge.
- Students are to take the Pledge with the right fist over the heart.
- Students who are not Singapore citizens are to remain silent and stand at attention during the flag-raising ceremony.
SAFETY AND SECURITY
- Students are to alert any teacher or office personnel if they come across any of the following:
(a) strangers, (b) emergencies, e.g. accidents, injuries, fire.
Before School Hours:
- Students are to wait at the hall if they come to school before 6.50 a.m.
- Students are only allowed to go to the classrooms after 6.50 a.m.
- Students are to be at the assembly area by 7.25 a.m.
During School Hours:
- Students are to ask for permission from the teacher before leaving the classroom during lessons.
- During recess, Students are not allowed to stay in the classrooms without permission.
- All food and drinks are to be consumed in the canteen. Students are to queue up for food and return all cutlery and crockery to the designated areas in the canteen.
- Students are only allowed to leave school during school hours with a valid reason and after informing the office. They are to be accompanied by their parent/ guardian or person authorised by the parents.
- Students are not allowed to run or play along the corridors, in the classrooms, canteen, up and down the stairs and in places where there is potential danger.
- Students are not allowed to play with the equipment in the gymnasium, hall or be in any of the special rooms without adult supervision.
- Students are to use the school facilities responsibly and in the way they are intended for.
- Students are not allowed to bring pets, toys, expensive or dangerous items to school without the school’s approval. They are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
After School Hours:
- Students are to wait for their transport at the foyer (by car) or in the hall (by school bus) at the dismissal time. Students who have missed their school bus are to report to the general office for assistance.
- Students staying back after school for activities are not allowed to leave the school during lunchtime unless accompanied by an adult.
- Students are to be seated and well behaved at all times on the school bus.
- Students are to use the seat belts if they are provided on the bus.
- Students are to be obedient, courteous and well-behaved at all times.
- Students are to be punctual at all times. Students are considered to be late if they arrive in school after the command for flag-raising is given.
- Students are to keep the classrooms and surroundings clean and tidy at all times.
- Students are to bring all required books/materials for the day and submit homework on time.
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modifications to the uniform is not allowed.
- The hemline of the school uniform should not be more than 5cm above the knee.
- Students are to wear their name tags every day.
- Students are to wear plain white canvas/sports shoes with plain white socks that reach just above the ankles.
- For sports and PE lessons, Students are to wear PE T-shirts tucked into dark green shorts of the school design.
- All P3 - P6 Students are to come to school and go home in their school uniform. P1 and P2 Students have the option of coming to school in their PE attire on days when they have PE lessons.
HAIR & APPEARANCE
- Hairstyles are to be neat and appropriate.
- If hair reaches the collar, it should be tied up neatly as a ponytail.
- Long ponytails (longer than a 15-cm ruler) are to be neatly plaited.
- Fringes are to be kept above the eyebrows.
- Those with long fringes are to wear a hairband or use hairclips to keep hair away from the face.
- Only dark green or black hair accessories are to be used.
- Fancy haircuts/hairstyles and hair colouring are not allowed.
- No form of makeup is allowed.
- Nails are to be short and clean. Nail polish is not allowed.
- No jewellery is to be worn by pupils except small ear studs in gold/ silver in simple design.
EXAMINATION / TEST RULES
- Students should be punctual for tests and examinations.
- A student who is unable to sit for a test or examination should produce a medical certificate.
- Students should not have books or notes under their table, in their pocket or anywhere near them (whether intentional or not) which may provide unfair advantage over the other student.
- Students should not be found trying to communicate by any means to their friends.
- Students should not allow other students to copy their answers.
- Handphones and other unauthorised electronic devices are not allowed in the examination rooms.
- Anyone caught cheating will be severely dealt with.
Before the Lesson
- Be in your uniform/PE attire.
- Be punctual – Join the “room” 5 min beforehand.
- Log in using your name.
- Ensure you are in a quiet area, if possible.
- Mute your microphone.
- Enable your video camera.
- Ensure your background does not contain inappropriate words or distracting pictures.
- Have all the lesson materials ready.
- Wait for the teacher to start the lesson.
During the Lesson
- Listen to your teacher’s instructions.
- Sit through the whole lesson.
- Ensure the camera is switched on the entire lesson. Your face should be visible during the lesson.
- Participate fully in the lesson.
- Take down notes if you need to.
- Do not play with the background, filters or emojis during the lesson.
- No eating.
USE OF HANDPHONES
- Handphones are to be switched off during lesson time and school activities.
- The use of handphones is restricted to the foyer and canteen before and after school hours.
- Handphones are only to be used for calling/messaging parents/guardians and not for other purposes such as taking/viewing pictures/video, listening to music, playing games.
- If the handphone is misused, demerit points will be given. The handphone may be confiscated and only returned to parents.
- The school will not be responsible for the loss or damage of the handphone.